#27: Master Your Mean Girl with Melissa Ambrossini
My loves, I’m so excited to share this conversation with you today. I’m chatting with the amazing Melissa Ambrosini, an author, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, and self-love teacher. Melissa teaches women how to master their inner Mean Girl, how to create a heart-centred life that is wildly wealthy, fabulously healthy and bursting with love.
In today’s episode we talk about:
- Mel’s incredible journey – her experience with depression, an eating disorder, suffering panic attacks, taking drugs, adrenal fatigue, being highly stressed and anxious, working way too much in order to ‘feel’ successful, thyroid problems, serious hormonal imbalances, adult acne, eczema all over my body and a serious case of the cold sore virus.
- Mel’s Identity Crisis – she explains the loss she felt after leaving the entertainment industry to heal herself and start a new life.
- The necessity of discomfort in order to grow as a person: Mel’s explains why + her own “Growing Pains” stepping into the biggest version of herself
- Vulnerability hangovers! We reveal the truth behind sharing your personal life so openly and publicly (and the surprising blog post that had Mel spinning in vulnerability, crying, feeling nauseous and fearing that she had way overshared something very personal and sacred to her)
- Wading through loss and grief + the biggest challenge of Mel’s life
Mel speaks really candidly about the deep grief she’s experienced this year in losing her best friend, the ever-inspiring, Jess Ainscough. She shares how she coped, what she’s learned about herself and her advice to others going through similar, challenging times.
- What Mel learned from Jess and how she lives her legacy every day
- Three Steps to Mastering Your Mean Girl!
- Practical Strategies for amplifying self love
- Writing a book and publishing a book! Mel explains the process of writing her book and shares the biggest lesson she learned during this process
- How to plan for an epic 2016: Mel’s personal New Year ritual to bring in the new year (+ ideas for what to do at the end of December).
If you would like to pre-order Mel’s new book – Mastering Your Mean Girl – and you do so before the 14th December you will also get 20 Mastering Your Mean Girl Meditations. Available NOW on her website.
Mel’s online homes: