#06: Playing BIG with Lisa Messenger
Lisa Messenger is the vibrant, game-changing CEO and creative director of The messenger Group, as well as founder and editor-in-chief of The Collective magazine – an entrepreneurial lifestyle magazine distributed into over 30 countries with a mandate to disrupt, challenge and inspire.
Her passion is to challenge individuals and corporations to change the way they think, take them out of their comfort zone and prove that there is more than one way to do anything. She encourages entrepreneurial spirit, creativity and innovation and lives life to the absolute MAX.
In today’s chat we’re talking candidly about:
- The necessity of playing BIG. We chat about Lisa’s deliberate quest to live a life that is respectfully but unapologetically BIG and how we can cultivate the confidence to do the same;
- Getting your sense of purpose back when we’re feeling down and lost and depressed (as Lisa was before she (ironically) wrote her book: “Happiness is”;
- Why Lisa stopped drinking ten years ago and how that decision changed her life;
- The art of surrender and unwavering self-belief;
- Lisa’s non-negotiables for succeeding in business;
- Her creative process: where she finds inspiration and how she writes (she’s authored three dozen books!);
- Advice for others who are starting out on their own path
You can find more on Lisa, below:
- Her weekly (amazingly helpful) blog posts: http://collectivehub.com/category/lisa-messenger-2/
- The Collective Hub: http://collectivehub.com
- More on most recent book: Daring and Disruptive: http://shop.collectivehub.com/collections/books
- Her new book Life and Love will be available on the 14th February, 2015