(PODCAST) #18: Transform your relationship with food (and yourself) with Isabel Foxen Duke
My guest today on The Brave Exchange podcast is the awesome, Isabel Foxen Duke. Isabel is an Emotional Eating Expert who helps women make peace with their bodies and stop feeling crazy around food. Hallelujah right?! Go to iTunes to listen on the go or click here to listen.
I absolutely loved this honest conversation with my friend Isabel. As you’ll soon here we deconstruct the psychology and emotional underpinnings of why SO many women struggle with food and their bodies.
What you will learn about on the show:
- How Isabel’s history of fighting with food, dieting and body manipulation landed her in rehab and a “binge eating disorder” diagnosis
- The psychology of eating. What is binge eating and what is emotional eating and why are they different and why do they manifest?
- Is Health the new Religion??
- Why intuitive eating may NOT be the full answer to healing your relationship with food (and why it wasn’t for Isabel).
- How to quit body shaming and start loving your body and your life!
- Could today’s “health crusader” mentality actually be inflaming our body image issues and worsening our relationship with food?
- Isabel’s top three steps to healing your relationship with food
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THE SHOW TODAY:
- My new 1:1 coaching program to help you find your authentic voice, step into your power, hone your vision and make waves with your message. Limited spots available. To book email: Lucy@somethingtomove.com
- To sign up for Isabel’s newsletter to receive notification for her awesome: “Stop Fighting Food” Training Series we mentioned on the show. It starts in October 2015.
- Books mentioned on the show:
- Intuitive Eating, Evelyn Triboli : https://www.intuitiveeating.com
- Health at Every Size: http://www.lindabacon.org/haesbook/
WANT TO GO A LITTLE BIT ISABEL MAD?? It’s TOTALLY worth it! She shares her amazing tips / stories and strategies to help you make peace with food and your body in all of the following places:
- Isabel’s website: http://isabelfoxenduke.com
- Isabel on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IsabelFoxenDuke?fref=ts
- Isabel on instagram: https://instagram.com/isabelfoxenduke
Be sure to join The Brave Exchange TRIBE and sign up to the newsletter below. You’ll be the first to know when a new episode comes out + be notified of events, retreats + get FREE weekly coaching to your inbox!
Over and out.