(PODCAST) #17: From social anxiety to authentic confidence with Vanessa Van Edwards
In this episode of The Brave Exchange I chat really openly with best-selling author and and behavioural investigator, Vanessa Van Edwards – Founder of Science Of People, all about the fascinating science of influence, charisma, and confidence.
What specifically will hear about and learn on the show?
- How Vanessa overcame the social anxiety she experienced growing up
- How she overcome her awkwardness and fear of social interaction and how she became an expert in social interaction, charisma and personality
- All about personality
- Body language and why it’s an indicator for intelligence, credibility and influence
- Success routines and how to create your own
- Getting out of of a confidence-slump
- Understanding who you are (and why that matters when connecting with others)
- The surprising science of non-verbal communication
Resources mentioned on the show:
- 7 steps to improve your influence: http://www.scienceofpeople.com/2014/07/7-scientifically-proven-steps-increase-influence/
- Jia Jung, Rejection Therapy: http://fearbuster.com/100-days-of-rejection-therapy/
- Personality quizzes + ways to understand your communication patterns, your body language and your personality better: http://www.scienceofpeople.com/citizen-science-research/
- TEDTalk research mentioned: http://www.scienceofpeople.com/ted/
- The Science Of People’s Curriculums: http://www.scienceofpeople.com/online-courses/
- Science Of People Facebook Page
Be sure to join The Brave Exchange TRIBE and sign up to the newsletter below. You’ll be the first to know when a new episode comes out + be notified of events, retreats + get FREE weekly coaching to your inbox!
Over and out.